Thursday, February 13, 2020

CONSTRUCTION: DEVELOPING THE FILM POSTCARD

Film Postcard

FRONT
BACK

I created my Film Postcards on Photoshop. Photoshop made it so easy to edit and alter the postcards. I was able add and change the coloured fonts and make it 3D. I was also able to change the filter of the picture to black and white.  

Visual Codes:
I used this picture of Alice on her own as it really shows the feeling of isolation and loneliness. It represents the idea of her being abandoned by her family. I chose to have the picture in black and white as it highlights the dullness wash on her face making her look upset.

Tagline:
The tag line that I used was "You don't know what I've done for you." I chose this as it is one of the most powerful lines in our short film. It shows the dad's controlling and possessive side which of course frightens Alice. This one simple line really tells the audience all about their relationship.

Title:
I really wanted the tag line to be the main focus on the front of the postcard and didn't want the title to draw the reader's focus away from it, that is why I opted for a more subtle approach with the title and the tag line to be very bold. I chose a simple font with the colour of it being black so it would go with the black and white theme.

Social Media:
I added our company's social media accounts for Twitter and Instagram, this meant that the readers could go look at some behind the scenes footage and some more information regarding our short film.

Design and Layout:
Throughout all of our different postcards, we wanted all of them to have a common theme with each other. All of ours had some sort of red block in the corner of the page and also some of the writing in bold red, this made made key words stick out. We thought the colour red is a very contrasting colour to black and white and worked nicely with our thriller theme to it.

1 comment:

  1. A creative and proficient piece of work that shows a good eye for design and a clear understanding of media language and how meanings are made.

    ReplyDelete